Opus 299 No 5 in G Major by Carl Czerny (1791-1857)
Carl Czerny was an Austrian pianist, composer and teacher. He is best remembered today for his books of études for the piano. Czerny’s music was profoundly influenced by his teachers, Muzio Clementi, Johann Nepomuk Hummel, Antonio Salieri and Ludwig van Beethoven.
Romantic. Etude. Key of G. 4/4 Time Signature. 2 pages. 22 measures. Drop D. Taken from Czerny for Guitar by David Patterson.
In cases where a slur crosses strings, the note on the new string is to be articulated with the left hand only.
1) Try to feel the energy shift from finger to finger as you hammer or pull off. Dont keep pressure on fingers that are not playing
2) Be careful not to rush the groups of notes. Practice slowly enough where you have complete awareness and control over your fingers.
3) Dont “pre-bend” notes when you do pull offs. Only apply energy at the last moment, flicking the notes off the string.
4) Use a metronome, and place the click on different prts of the beat to work on evenness.
5) Listen for tone. Try yo be consistent un tone and volume, and dont pluck too hard with the right hand.