Tarrega in Tablature. The importance of Francisco Tarrega in the history of the classic guitar is immeasurable. With his original compositions and transcriptions, Tarrega brought the classical guitar to new heights by giving it a repertoire of its own and consequently influencing virtually every modern day classical guitarist. In this volume, Ben Boldt presents 29 pieces by Tarrega in standard notation and tablature. Titles include: Lagrima; Preludes in G, A, and D major; Danza Mora; Marieta! (Mazurca); Mazurca en sol; Maria; Minuetto; Adelita (Mazurca); Pavana; La Alborada; Capricho Arabe; and many others. Text in English, Spanish, French, and Japanese.
Ben Bolt was playing lead guitar in rock bands at the age of 12 and performed professionally at 16 in Miami. After high school, Ben left his band to study classical guitar in Spain. At the age of 19, he studied with Andres Segovia in Madrid. Andrés Segovia, the father of the classical guitar, said, “Ben Bolt is an excellent guitarist with fine tone.”
Prelude in E|
Prelude in A Minor
Prelude in G Major
Prelude in D Major
Prelude in D
Prelude in D Minor
Prelude in A
Prelude in A Minor
Prelude in A Major
Mazurca En Sol
The Butterfly (La Mariposa)
Recuerdos De La Alhambra
- Well written Tarrega history with many pictures
- Left hand fingering included
- Include some basic music reading materials
- Standrd Notation comes with tablature
- Spiral bond. Easy to lay on table
- Book is a bit thick. 50 pages of text introduction in 4 languages.
- Cd missing last 3 tracks. The Butterfly (La Mariposa), Rosita, and Recuerdos De La Alhambra
- Naming of preludes can be more accurate. i.e Prelude in A Minor. Tarrega wrote 35 preludes. Which one?
Tarrega in Tablature is one of the best Tarrega books I own. It is intended for the intermediate guitarist and comes with plenty of reading material. Its a bit thick, however, with 4 language translations. I ended up ripping the French, Spanish and Japanese text out of the book. Tarrega in Tablature by Ben Bolt.
Purchase from Amazon
Spiral-bound: 128 pages
Publisher: Mel Bay Publications, Inc. (December 11, 1997)
Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 8.8 x 0.3 inches